Topic

test

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    nick beaudoin
    BPL Member

@nick_beaudoin

Locale: Palmy

ccccccccc

Brendan Kehde

@caretaker

Locale: Jupiter, Florida

Here are some details on the tie out points of the Ray Way style tarp I made.

This is the ridge line tie out loop. Underneath is a half circle reinforcement patch and a piece of grosgrain ribbon going along the seam. It's regular grosgrain ribbon from Jo Ann Fabrics that I have tested in my other posts. I used two layers. I sewed it on with Extra Strength Gutermann Poly thread.

This is the one of the corners. Again it is two layer grosgrain with Extra Strength Gutermann.

This is one of the two tie outs located along one of the long sides. The X Box is done with Extra Strength, the rest is regular Gutermann.

I bonded the lifter patches on using GE II Silicone. The X box stitching is Extra Strength Gutermann.

This is the tarp in use with a net tent underneath.

Note: I went with the Jo Ann grosgrain for the corners and ridgeline tie outs because I think it will be more durable than just silnylon.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools