Topic

i need specific tent feedback/advice

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion i need specific tent feedback/advice

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jeff bumblebee

@weiznit

hi, this is my first post here. So, my partner and I live on the road together. We do everything from hitch-hiking to spending extended periods in the wilderness. Although most of our gear has been dumpstered from camping stores the one thing we cant manage to get is a suitable lightweight tent. We have used just a lightweight tarp and sticks but we get eaten alive by buggos.

there are 2 tents that are extremely low cost that might be worth buying but i cant find ANY reviews for them. one, is the 2 man Starlite Bivy tent, which weighs 3.4 pounds and packs really small, it also costs 20$. the other is the Texsport knollwood bivy which weighs 3 pounds and seems like a nice mummy-shape design, that one costs 30$ but is not made of very good material. has anyone used any of these tents?

Since i live out of my bag, i use a Osprey aether 60. i keep my bag light and even between the two of us i am unable to handle the Mountain Hardware tent we hve that weighs about 4 pounds, and is very large. Are there any other options for us without spending too much money?

of course if i had the money i would love to buy something like a Tarptent UItralight shelter, but they are close to 200$.

Douglas Frick
    BPL Member

@otter

Locale: Wyoming

>Texsport knollwood bivy which weighs 3 pounds

3 pounds 6.2 oz (including steel stakes and bag).

>costs 30$ but is not made of very good material. has anyone used any of these tents?

I picked mine up for $17. It needs to be seam sealed, but otherwise it is a nice little tent. Room for two, maybe some gear. I’m 6’2″ and just fit without touching. I haven’t used mine in the rain, but my brother-in-law did without problem. I think it’s a bargain.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools