Topic

Deals on Mont-Bell?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Deals on Mont-Bell?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Ankar Sheng
    BPL Member

@whiskyjack

Locale: The Canadian Shield

I've been shopping around for a Mont-Bell jacket, but everywhere just has them at MSRP. None are on sale at campsaver's anniversary sale. Any leads?

Aaron Armstrong

@traderaaron

Locale: Colorado

E-omc had a montebell sale on select items, I bought a UL down inner parka for $132.

Mark Ryan

@sixguns01

Locale: Somewhere. Probably lost.

Just bought a MB Inner Down Parka Large for $132 with shipping.. Searched all weekend and that's the best I found. Great Deal!

Ankar Sheng
    BPL Member

@whiskyjack

Thanks for the heads up. I'm after their Rain Trekker jacket specifically, but alas, no discount.

John Nausieda
    BPL Member

@meander

Locale: PNW

They price match. I got mine for $135. Do a search at thefind. Prolite may have it too.Lots of Montbell there recently Great jacket .I was lucky to try on sizes which can be tricky. I bought mine at the bricks and mortar store of OMC which is ten minutes from my house. Good people who moved their location after many years downtown. E-business means alot to them.

Ankar Sheng
    BPL Member

@whiskyjack

Bah! Found a place with a 20% off coupon, but not for Mont-Bell products :(

John Nausieda
    BPL Member

@meander

Just ask OMC or Winterfix for those deals. The Economy is still tanking. You are the rare buyer.Worth trying be4cause $ is $.

Ankar Sheng
    BPL Member

@whiskyjack

hahaha you're right, I must go back to my roots and MAKE a deal instead of trying to find one!

John Nausieda
    BPL Member

@meander

The rest of the world operates this way and you are a Chump if you buy in at the first offer. There are limits, but I've seen bargaining for a wool rug go on for days. But hey for once the intermess is on your side. Poker faced and take it or leave it. All they can do is say no and you know markup is usually 100%.Their transactional costs are always + but they won't want you to advertise the deal. So what?

Grant Farago

@greathairybeast

Locale: Universe B

I'm also looking to buy a Rain Trekker jacket.

Campsaver had it on sale up until around the end of last week. Unfortunately I didn't get around to ordering until it was too late. I mention this because hopefully it will go on sale there in the near future.

Otherwise deals on it seem few and far between.

John Nausieda
    BPL Member

@meander

Campmor regularly beats STP even with free shipping. So ASK for a deal. If they say no well so what . Break the pattern.

Ankar Sheng
    BPL Member

@whiskyjack

Hey Grant, what price was it on sale for?

John, I don't think campmor caries Mont-bell. And whats STP?

John Nausieda
    BPL Member

@meander

Sierra Trading Post. Worth signing up for their deals, but not always the best deals. But when they really deep discount stuff it can be ultra cheap and can offer free shipping as well. Steep and Cheap online can also give you great deals , but you must act fast as things sell out.

Grant Farago

@greathairybeast

If memory serves, it was previously 20% off at Campsaver making it around $127.

OMC is another vendor that has a coupon (currently 10% off) that unfortunately excludes Western Mountaineering and Mont-Bell products.

Ankar Sheng
    BPL Member

@whiskyjack

It just occurred to me that because Montbell is made in Japan, and I'll be ordering from the US, I'll have to pay duty on top of tax when it crosses into Canada. I usually stick to north american made goods for that reason, not even sure how much duty is, but I hate getting a nasty bill when I sign for a package. Might have to reconsider the ID event jacket….

John Nausieda
    BPL Member

@meander

Try here for Mont-bell in Canada http://www.shop.vpo.ca/

frank white

@smoky1

prolite gear seems to have pretty good deals on mont bell. picked up the alpine light down parka for 139. hopefully that was a good deal.

Grant Farago

@greathairybeast

Andy at CampSaver was generous enough to allow me to use a 10% off coupon from which MB products are usually excluded to score a Rain Trekker jacket for $143. Great customer service there.

After weeks of intermittent searches, that was the only deal on this particular item I could find.

Incidentally, last week I also ordered a Down Inner Parka at Backcountry.com for 20% off. Although it clearly stated the coupon I had in my cart expired in April, it applied it to the order regardless. I'm guessing it still functioned because I had added the code to my cart back in April even though I never actually placed an order with it until June.

Grant Farago

@greathairybeast

http://www.e-omc.com/catalog/products/6800/MontBell-Rain-Trekker-Jacket-Mens.html

Rain Trekker jacket on sale for $128.95 with free 3 day shipping and available in most sizes.

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Check with Second Ascent in Seattle. They had a lot of Mont Bell jackets the last time I was there. http://www.secondascent.com — if you don't see it, call them. It's a mom-pop store with great staff and gear. They do new and used gear both. It's a must-see if you are in Seattle. It's my first stop when I'm shopping gear.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools