Topic

Some pictures of an Oware 9×9 Pyramid with bug netting.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Some pictures of an Oware 9×9 Pyramid with bug netting.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    j lan

@justaddfuel

Locale: MN

I haven't seen any pictures of this online other than the oware site. Thought I would post some for other people interested in this near perfect tarp. 28oz. Could sleep up to 4.Oware pyramidOware tarpOware tarpOware tarpOware tarp

Javan Dempsey

@jdempsey

Locale: The-Stateless-Society

Nice James, that does look great.

I'm assuming you don't use a headless paddle to pitch this in the field though? :P

You have a pole jack for trekking pole use or a dedicated pole? What's the weight of either option?

edit: actually, looking at your pics again, I'm guessing you probably do. ;)

j lan

@justaddfuel

Thanks!

For packraft trips it's the breakdown paddle, for hiking, I use the trekking pole velcro strips to link my two poles together creating the primary pole. Unless of course there are trees above, lining it over a tree is the best, can stand up right in the center, no sweat!

Brian Camprini
    BPL Member

@bcamprini

Locale: Southern Appalachians

That really does look great. What size does it pack down to? I'm curious if the addition of the bug netting makes it bulky.

j lan

@justaddfuel

Sorry this took so long.

It fits perfectly into a 150cu stuff sack. So the size of a very lightweight summer sleeping bag basically.
    :)

Eric Swab

@ericswab

Locale: Rockies

Thanks for the photos, I have been thinking of the 8'x8' version. The Oware site could use more photos.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools