Topic

Child sleeping quilt /cover.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Child sleeping quilt /cover.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Fred eric
    BPL Member

@fre49

Locale: France, vallée de la Loire

In 2 weeks ill have a 4 years old son :)
    I am taking a 2 months leave so plenty of time for myog projects :)

With the delivery time to France if i buy from Thruhiker its time to order the materials.

I bought a shangri la 5 and will do a myog nanoseeum / silnylon inner like i did for my para tipi.

He will use for a few years my BPL torsolength pad.

But i have no sleeping bag / quilt for him ( i lean toward blanket shaped quilt + a foot box or maybe a top bag )

First i am hesitating between down and synthetic, is it worthwile to use down for a 32°F ( real 32°F comfort )child bag ?

Second i know now what weight of down i need according to the temperature and what my wife needs ( about 50% more…) but what about a child.

What synthetic clo / or weight /m2 or square yards should i aim for, if i do a synthetic one ?
    What down weight for lets say a 35" x 60" blanket ( so he can use it for a few years) shaped quilt ?

Is there commercially available ones ?
    I found Tim quilts ( but i have no idea what a 7.4oz means for a child as temperature rating )

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools