Topic

Bars without Tree Nuts?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Bars without Tree Nuts?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    aaron eshelman
    BPL Member

@djaaronreed

Locale: Central Rockies

I'm looking for any bars (energy or otherwise) that don't have any tree nuts in them. This includes peanuts, walnuts, etc. I can eat seeds of any kind luckily. I am having a hard time finding trail bars that are light and without nuts.

Any ideas?

I already found a great trail mix, but would like something that packs a little more punch, packable and of course tastes good!

Thanks for any suggestions.

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

There is a cook-it-yourself bar that is mostly oatmeal, but you can add whatever ingredients you want. You could simply load yours up with more dried fruit.

–B.G.–

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

Bumble Bars are pretty tasty, good for you, and from what I recall, have some options without tree nuts.

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

This is a good case for DIY and making your own bars. You can always bake a big batch, cut up and seal tightly, then freeze for later use. Way safer than buying commercially made ones!

Ed Engel

@doorknob

Locale: West of what you think is west

I have not used this company. Maybe worth a try – http://youbars.com/custombars

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

Also, I have a recipe for Logan Bread (which I have posted here). That recipe has sesame seeds, but no tree nuts. This does not need refrigeration since it has no eggs or yeast or whole milk, and I keep it in ziploc bags for months at a time.

The good thing about something like this is that you can adapt it to your own tastes. You can use apricots or cranberries instead of raisins, etc.

–B.G.–

aaron eshelman
    BPL Member

@djaaronreed

Locale: Central Rockies

thanks everybody. it's a hard search for trail mixes and bars that don't have tree nuts! I'll just have to make some DIY bars.

thanks again!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools