Topic

Rain Shirt

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Scouting Philmont Rain Shirt

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jace Mullen

@climberslacker

Locale: Your guess is as good as mine.

Hey guys

Im leaving on the 13th for Philmont and right now what I need is a rain shirt type thing. Im looking to strike a balance of weight and price. What are you guys going to be using thins year? I will be using a ULA rain wrap for my bottom. Would it be a better Idea to use an umbrella? If so, what should I look for?

YIS/V

-CS

Mike Barney

@eaglemb

Locale: AZ, the Great Southwest!

Lightweight, very breathable, http://www.froggtoggs.com
    Also check out their closeout section.

Good luck,
    Mike

Glenn Smith
    Spectator

@gosmithpa

Locale: Southern Arizona

At this late date, I would check out Campmor. I have used the Marmot Mica if you can find last year's model at a reasonable price. Lightweight and works well. Enjoy your trek. My son is working on the dining hall staff this season. We've done treks in 2007 & 2009 and we are headed back next year.

Perry Clark

@peterlake

Umbrella is NOT a good choice.

Lightweight rain jacket is a necessary item. Need not break the bank. Marmot Precip is popular, effective choice. I recommend something WP/B, but it need not be eVent or high-end GT material. REI makes good options, as do others.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools