Topic

Campsaver Anniversary sale

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Campsaver Anniversary sale

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Jeff M.
    BPL Member

@catalyst

http://campsaver.com/

Seems like there are some decent deals.

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

"http://campsaver.com/"

I don't think that this is a valid URL.

–B.G.–

Cayenne Redmonk
    BPL Member

@redmonk

Locale: Greater California Ecosystem

http://campsaver.com works fine here.

PEBKAC error.

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

I was able to find the web site at
    http://www.campsaver.com

–B.G.–

Tom Caldwell
    BPL Member

@coldspring

Locale: Ozarks

MH Phantom 32 $116 Better hurry!

Anonymous
    Inactive

But I have a feeling that the 2 in stock Phantom 32s I saw will not…

Ordered one 16 minutes after I got my email, 5:44 EDT

zorobabel frankenstein
    BPL Member

@zorobabel

Locale: SoCal

I ordered a MH Phantom 32 after I got the e-mail. The 2 left in stock is either not accurate or is there to make you decide faster…
    Otherwise I'm kind of weary about it's temperature rating.
    Oh, and the MH website says the regular is 6.6' while the Campsaver description says 6'. I hope it's 6' :)

Jack Bauer

@mclovin

good deal on the phantom 32.

josh wagner

@stainlesssteel

i have a different MH bag than that model, but it find it true to its temp rating (20)

Anonymous
    Inactive

How the internet works:

12.3.2. Zone File Resource Records

The primary component of a zone file is its resource records.

There are many types of zone file resource records. The following are used most frequently:

A — Address record, which specifies an IP address to assign to a name, as in this example:

IN A

If the value is omitted, then an A record points to a default IP address for the top of the namespace. This system is the target for all non-FQDN requests.

Consider the following A record examples for the example.com zone file:

IN A 10.0.1.3
    server1 IN A 10.0.1.5

Requests for example.com are pointed to 10.0.1.3, while requests for server1.example.com are pointed to 10.0.1.5.

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Two minutes after Jeff posted, the given URL did not work, and the alternate URL did work. Later on, both worked.

–B.G.–

Dont Wantto

@longhiker

Looks like I missed out on the Mountain Hardwear sale .. now the best deal seems to be the Rab Quantum 250 , an 850 down bag for $179.. rated to 32 F.

I've heard so little about Rab (besides being from the UK), I don't feel like shelling out $180..

Jack Bauer

@mclovin

thanks. I received shipping confirmation from campsaver for my phantom 32.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Got shipping confirmation on mine too!

Grant Farago

@greathairybeast

Locale: Universe B

Got shipping confirmation on Thursday for the Phantom 32 I ordered. I needed a second bag for my lady, great deal. Thanks.

Robert Cowman
    BPL Member

@rcowman

Locale: Canadian Rockies

I want that golite peak but the shipping for me is like 25 bucks plus duties and customs so I pay full price again… My country and our crappy shipping deals. i guess that's what we get for free health care….

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

>My country and our crappy shipping deals. i guess that's what we get for free health care….

Trade ya.

Robert Cowman
    BPL Member

@rcowman

for a peak deal. and an adrenaline 40 reg and u can have dental.

David Ure

@familyguy

"I want that golite peak but the shipping for me is like 25 bucks plus duties and customs so I pay full price again"

No customs. Only GST. I just received some gear from Campsaver to Edmonton.

They ship USPS

Robert Cowman
    BPL Member

@rcowman

I randomly get charged duties from them david. maybe my luck.

tip for us here in Canada: if you want to order from mont-bell's website(if they ever getting working this decade) DONT i got charged over 90 extra dollars not including shipping so my Mont-bell UL parka is the most expensive piece of gear I own. And I have a lot of Arcteryx.(I do work at a gear shop though)

all that said though campsaver is the best website i have ordered from excluding the little guys who send there stuff in envelopes(thanks Zpacks and MLD)

Apparently Moosejaw has free shipping to Canada. Rob Requena on here ordered a bunch of stuff from them and he's from Edmonton 2.

Ankar Sheng
    BPL Member

@whiskyjack

Locale: The Canadian Shield

$90!? Brokerage fees? what was the carrier?

I never use UPS for that reason, does fedex do the same? prolite only ships with ups and fedex so i'm hesitant to place an order there…

Robert Cowman
    BPL Member

@rcowman

It was USPS I had to pick it up at my local post office.

that's the reason I don't order from backcountrygear.com the only have express air mail option for international because they say it is the best way to send there stuff. and they even say it will cost more than the items you order so what is the point?

Ankar Sheng
    BPL Member

@whiskyjack

Locale: The Canadian Shield

What was the $90 charge for? I've never gotten anything besides the $5 "handling fee" that Canadian customs charges you on top of sales tax.(I guess collecting taxes isn't free so they have to charge you for the privilege of paying lol)

Duty is only charged on goods manufactured outside of North America, as per the NAFTA agreement.

Robert Cowman
    BPL Member

@rcowman

i got like some like 40 dollar fee because I paid less that what it is in Canada or something it was BS. then i got handeling fee, duties, and extra shipping charge it was so lame. Mont bell got a complaint and since then you can't online order because they have been having a systems audit since like December when they got hacked. it's made me so mad I'm selling my UL liner after this next trip and getting a PLQ pullover or a BPL hoody.

$285 for a 2.5oz filled down jacket was a huge rip.(after all my costs)

sorry I hijacked the thread.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools