Topic

Atlanta

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    scri bbles
    BPL Member

@scribbles

Locale: Atlanta, GA

Anyone in the area?

Adam Kramer
    BPL Member

@rbeard

Locale: ATL, Southern Appalachia

dont think i will be going on many extended trips next 12 months with baby on the way this month…but will be back with a vengence. favorite places to hike around ATL?

Hiking Malto
    BPL Member

@gg-man

In Canton. Usually do a trip once a month on the AT. Finished up GA and have moved into NC. Have to balance my GA hiking with my trips into the Sierra. Would love to get together with fellow locals. I am planning a 50 mile "dayhike" later this month. If anyone is in to pain and punishment I would love the company.

scri bbles
    BPL Member

@scribbles

Wow. At this point, a 10mi dayhike is pain and punishment. I need to follow your training regimen.

Adam Kramer
    BPL Member

@rbeard

Locale: ATL, Southern Appalachia

10 or less for me too. 34 years old and feeling my age already lol.

Paul Siegel
    Spectator

@paulsiegel

Locale: Southern Appalachians

I'm in Dunwoody in Northeast Atlanta. You should check out the BPL Southern Appalachian Club. We're doing a trip in a few weeks up on the TN/NC border. I can't take credit for the trip though.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=228683055956

scri bbles
    BPL Member

@scribbles

Definitely did not know about this group. Thanks!

Brian Turner

@phreak

@Greg Yeah, I'm interested in a 50 mile day hike. Do you know where you plan to do this yet?

I'm in Marietta.

Robb Stanek
    Spectator

@rstanek

Locale: Southeast, Atlanta, GA

I have a rare free weekend, and looking for a trail partner? Live in Atlanta, and want to go somewhere in the tri-state area.

Hiking Malto
    BPL Member

@gg-man

Brian,
    Saturday June 26th is my target date. Still flexible on the details but I was thinking of starting in North Carolina near Standing Indian Mountain and going Northeast 25 and turning back. Because of the long day and 3 hour drive, plan to stay up there Friday and possibly Saturday nights. If you (or anybody else) can join PM me and let's work through the logistics.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools