Topic

Stanislaus and Yosemite

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Stanislaus and Yosemite

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

Saturday morning my daughter and I drove up 132, through Coulterville, 132J past Greeley Hill and off a side road,then a quick hike to Diana Falls, a local swimming hole. I am not sure of the name of the creek, but that water then runs into the south fork of the Merced river, just below the upper swimming holes. Right before the 2 run together, there are some beautiful pools in the Merced river as well, just much cooler. This is a popular spot for local youth and given the weather and the weekend, there were over a dozen youngsters, jumping off the falls. During the week, this is an idyllic spot. Libby and I spent our first night nearby.
    Sunday morning we thought of driving into Yosemite, then left the Yosemite crowds for the Strawberry Festival crowds at Camp Mather , then Lake Eleonor and Cherry Lake. The night was cool, maybe lower 40's; mosquitos a bit of a bother in the evening. We were definitely not alone, but nothing compared to the crowds heading to the Valley.

South Fork of the Merced River, downriver from Diana Falls .

Near the Falls

Where the waters converge

Little orchids all along the rocks

Meadows on our way to the lakes

Lake Eleonor

Across the dam

Below the dam

Cherry Lake

Lady Beetles along Cherry lake

Our Hubba Hubba, trying to keep it ventilated. It worked.

Mashed potatoes again, really?

We still have chocolate??

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools