Topic

Trappers mug weight increase

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support Website & Forum Support Trappers mug weight increase

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    George Matthews
    BPL Member

@gmatthews

Interesting observation:

I've had a Trappers mug since they were first available and it weights 1.3 oz

Just got another one. Weight is 1.7 oz.

I've compared the two and the only difference I can detect is the lip on the new one is a bit thicker.

Has the design process or material changed?
    Or was my first one at the low end and new one at the high end.

Eugene Smith
    BPL Member

@eugeneius

Locale: Nuevo Mexico

Is your scale calibrated? I just bought a new BPL Trappers Mug 3 weeks ago, I haven't used it yet. I'll weigh it when I get a chance and maybe compare. Perhaps there is variation in production?

George Matthews
    BPL Member

@gmatthews

Just a cheap postal scale, but I weighed them both several times. Consistently got the .4 oz difference. Washed the mug to make sure oil or something wasn't adding weight.

Pretty confident my scale is okay. Checked a few other items and they are what they should weight.

Here are pics…

old

lips

new

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

I can't tell you what the manufacturing difference is between v1 and v2 but the weight went from +/- 1.3 oz to +/- 1.7 oz.

The mug we're manufacturing now will weigh between 2.0 and 2.5 oz but will have a lid and pour spout.

George Matthews
    BPL Member

@gmatthews

By the weigh*, I'm happy with the v2. Did not mean to suggest this was a big deal. Forgot to reply and just noticed I had not. Don't want to discourage anyone. Trappers mug is great IMO.

* pun intended : )

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

…By the weigh*

Har har har!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools