Topic

women’s shell for slim and tall? (5’11”)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) women’s shell for slim and tall? (5’11”)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jason Torres
    BPL Member

@burytherails

Locale: Texas

I am having a difficult time finding a shell that fits my girlfriend well. She is 5'11" and slim. Most shells swallow her up and while I realize the fit should not be snug, it is counterproductive if after being singed there is still a good 5 inches of open space in the waist. This will not protect from the elements. This is going to be her first 4 night hike so I want it to be as enjoyable as possible. Your help is appreciated!

-temp will drop to downwards of 30 at night and fluctuate to 65 during the day
    -something relatively light and she is asking for a hood (I dont believe in hoods as they take up too much space) but would like to look into both options
    -slim or athletic fit to eliminate draft between layers with enough length for her arms

Thanks again ahead of time everyone. You are always very helpful.

cheers
    J

Christopher Plesko

@pivvay

Locale: Rocky Mountains

if you're looking for a softshell the patagucci ascentionist in a men's small would fit the bill most likely.

Good luck. At 5'11" and 155lbs I often have a hard time finding a good fit. With 20 lbs less it'd be pretty tough.

David Chenault
    BPL Member

@davec

Locale: Queen City, MT

A female friend who is 5'10" and about 120 has been outfitting herself for a sailing trip this summer, and found Marmot to fit her well.

Jason Torres
    BPL Member

@burytherails

Locale: Texas

Thanks for your insight…Marmot seems to be the best fit. long enough in the arms even. thanks for your help! She doesnt look like a walking kite anymore lol

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools