Topic

Backpacking Suggestions near Salt Lake City, Utah

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Backpacking Suggestions near Salt Lake City, Utah

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jody Koplo

@jkoplo

My girlfriend and I are planning a backpacking trip over July 4th weekend giving us a total of 2.5 to 3 days. Plan is to fly in Friday night and rent a car and drive to the trailhead. That gives us Saturday, Sunday, and whatever time we can take before driving to the airport on Monday.

This will be here first backpacking trip though she's an avid rock climber/skier/etc. We both pack pretty light and are in good shape, so we should be able to handle some pretty good mileage. On the other hand I don't want to make her first trip a pain-fest. I'm thinking something around 20 to 30 miles depending on elevation.

I'd prefer a loop and would like to avoid carrying a ton of water, but if the experience is worth it I'll tote some h2O…

Any suggestions? Thanks.

-Jody

M Walker

@mhambi

Locale: Central Utah

Something like this?

http://www.utahwild.com/mountains/uintas/timothy_lakes.phtml

How far are you willing to drive?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools