Topic

CL Tabs – Water Treatment

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion CL Tabs – Water Treatment

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Daniel Fosse

@magillagorilla

Locale: Southwest Ohio

So I'm working up the nerve to ditch my MSR ceramic filter (16 oz). I have some Micropur tabs I am going to take on a test run this weekend.

I'm interested in the opinion of the users of this water treatment. I have read many threads on the subject at BPL. I know the official wait time is 4 hours to kill all bugs. How long is everyone actually waiting? Who is using just the tabs? Seems like a lot of people are using tabs plus a light filter.

John Donewar
    BPL Member

@newton

Locale: Southeastern Texas

Daniel,

My standard operating procedure was to catch clear fast running water in my bottle, drop in a Micropur tab and wait 30 minutes. Clear fast and running isn't always an option.

I think that I've been lucky up to this point to have suffered no ill effects.

I am moving to a gravity flow filter for the large baddies and adding the Micropur tab afterwards. I plan on using the same wait time of 30 minutes.

Party On ! 2010

Newton

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools