Topic

New Six Moon Designs tents look great!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) New Six Moon Designs tents look great!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Matthew L.
    BPL Member

@gungadin

Locale: Pittsburgh, PA

Check out the new Lunar Solo and Europa ’05. They look like really solid designs. Now if I could only decide between them and Tarptents……

http://www.sixmoondesigns.com

Colin Thomas

@fullofadventure

The products look good to me.

It looks like RM did some tweaking in the Lunar Solo (increased space, full Velcro on vestibule plus vent, higher peak, and bathtub floor. He managed to do all this and still keep the weight at 24oz/28oz.

The 05 Europa 2 gets and update too and there is a new pack called the Comet.

It look likes Ron and Henry are battling it out to make the coolest UL shelters in the world. They seem to one up each other with each new design. There is nothing like a little friendly competition which leads to design innovations which then benefits us the user.

Justin Gunn

@biggunn-1

So, Ron Moak has adressed all of the issues raised in the BackpackingLight review of the original Lunar Solo and will soon be shipping the revised Lunar Solo Enhanced. Feature upgrades include a bathtub floor, taller mesh around the perimeter, a bit more room inside and a bit more headroom, plus a full length velcro fastner for the vestibule and an exhaust vent up top.

I spoke with Ron recently about the new Lunar Solo and it should be available toward the end of March. The only question now for me is.. which color?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools