Topic

Pack liner vs. Pack cover

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Pack liner vs. Pack cover

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Jeffs Eleven
    BPL Member

@woodenwizard

Locale: NePo

I used I compactor bag with a SMD Traveler- a panel loader. It was perfect. I'd just lay the pack down, unzip it all the way and dig through the compactor bag. I bet in a top loader its not near as accessible and harder to pack properly.

BTW- I used a chip clip, one similar to a big hair beret (sp?) to close the bag- very handy

Daniel Fosse

@magillagorilla

Locale: Southwest Ohio

My pack is a GoLite Pinnacle. I keep water bottles in the side pockets and almost never use that outside back pocket. The logic is sound for a liner.

It also seems I have paired my gear down enough to graduate to a smaller pack. That's another subject.

Another 'other' subject is; what's up with GoLite? I have an old Pinnacle that weighs 1lb 9oz. The new Jam is heavier than my giant Pinnacle. Weird.

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Hi Ben

> Curious, what backpack did you use in Scotland?
    "I was using an exos 58 + liner,"

Cheers

Evan Brodfuehrer

@burtonboarder84

I have a situation:

I want to use a liner to keep all my stuff dry in my pack. I will be crossing rivers, hiking in rain and taking canoe trips. I ALSO use my pack under my legs because I use a short sleeping pad and the back of my pack is padded. I don't want that soaked. I don't like ponchos either. I guess I will need both? Any ideas?

John Nausieda
    BPL Member

@meander

Locale: PNW

I think a cheap plastic poncho can solve the pack cover front of the pack problem-the straps getting wet. I think something like a polycro sheet or painters tarp with elastic glued to the edges might work. When I was in China I used these thin shower caps which were free at every hotel as my camera covers in the rain. Same idea. This needs a $5 solution .

Jeffs Eleven
    BPL Member

@woodenwizard

Locale: NePo

Turn your liner inside- out and put your pack in it. Then put it under your legs.

Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools