Topic

sportbeans

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    bj bretzke

@lilorphanbilly

Locale: Montana, MT (Stealth Mode)

Jelly bellys that are fortified like a sports drink. Found it in Bicycling Mag. See http://www.sportbeans.com.
    Has anyone tried these?
    BJ

Jim W.
    BPL Member

@jimqpublic

Locale: So-Cal

I don't know, but some of the pro cyclists in the Tour of California have "Sportbeans" written across their butts. I thought they probably provided a gas-turbine thrust effect.

Steven Paris
    BPL Member

@saparisor

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I have tried them, used during long runs. They have a better texture (granular/sugary like a jelly bean) and are a little less likely to stick to your teeth like some of the other chewable energy products (like Clif Bloks, etc).

I don't know if the potassium/sodium/whatever in them are helpful, or if it is just the sugar (much higher than Clif Bloks). Great for a long run, ok if you are bonking on a ride, but probably not that helpful for hiking anything other than a dayhike.

Joe Geib
    BPL Member

@joegeib

Locale: Delaware & Lehigh Valleys

They may have changed the formula or packaging. I've used them in the past, and love them.

Javan Dempsey

@jdempsey

Locale: The-Stateless-Society

I just found the one thing I hate more than jellybeans…!!#$!@ =

edit: My gf just said "I'd rather swallow an Emergen-C dry." Yuk!

Jeffrey Kuchera
    BPL Member

@frankenfeet

Locale: Great Lakes

Funk nasty freak beans would be a more accurate name for these things. I had a run in with them back in 2007 and lived to tell. Some folks really like them I guess. I tend to avoid most of the designer trail foods though.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools