Topic

What do you throw in at the last minute?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion What do you throw in at the last minute?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Not saying it's true all the time, but human psychology… methinks we enjoy our "luxuries" when we bring them along; however, we also don't miss them when we leave them at home.

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

"I start with a "master" gear list that includes every gear piece I own. I do all my thinking as I methodically delete stuff that I won't need. I then print out the result and pack accordingly."

+1 except I don't print out my list.

Some non gearlist stuff that occasionally sneaks in my pack is:
    – A book (but I never read it enough that it's worth it)
    – A few extra fishing lures (hey you never know which one is going to work)

Scott Lehr

@lehrscott4

Locale: Louisville - KY

Sometimes i cant resist a small bottle of booze and a few good cigars. If i really want to take something, the weight savings from not taking, it isn't enough to keep me from thinking "I wish i would have brought……". Seriously, if i want a bag of skittles or something, is an extra 8-10oz for a large bag gonna make me that uncomfortable?

Mary D
    BPL Member

@hikinggranny

Locale: Gateway to Columbia River Gorge

I'm afraid I do like Benjamin and stick to what's on my printed-out gear list! Yes, that takes the spontaneity out of it, but makes it lots easier to get ready. My short trips are often "rehearsals" for longer ones, and for the longer trips I don't want to take any extra weight.

If I were more into cooking, I'd undoubtedly take fresh food for a 1-2 night trip, but the older I get, the less interested I am in cooking and (worse yet) washing dishes!

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools