Topic

Memorial Day Weekend Backpacking

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Memorial Day Weekend Backpacking

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

This ought to be interesting. In a little over a week, I am going backpacking with two friends. One person is sort of with the UL program, and they have reduced their base weight about 30% in the last year. The other person… I'm not sure. They want to take the traditional tent and the traditional sleeping bag, and the traditional backpack, heavy clothing, etc. I have a feeling we might end up with a 25-pound base weight there. However, it is not my job to play nursemaid. I'll keep my own base weight down around 10 pounds and then be prepared to help out about halfway along the trail when we hit the uphill.

–B.G.–

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools