Topic

repackaging toiletries

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Brian Vogt BPL Member
PostedMay 17, 2010 at 3:15 pm

I love the bpl sized mini dropper bottles. I usually use them for contact solution, Dr Bronners, and bleach if I'm carrying it.

But what about other toiletries? Looking through my kit, I see DEET, sunscreen, antibiotic jelly, alcohol gel, and my zinc oxide tincture.

1/2 oz seems to be the smallest size I can find any of these things, which is far too much in most cases. What do you repackage these items into? seems like these materials might be too thick for the dropper style bottles, except maybe the DEET?

Love any suggestions you might have.

Thx!
-b

Bob Gross BPL Member
PostedMay 17, 2010 at 3:20 pm

In my area there is a chain of Japanese "100 yen" stores or Dollar Stores named Daiso. They stock all sorts of travel bottles in the 15ml size. Some have caps, and some have spray heads. There are little plastic ointment containers and similar lightweight items. Cheap.

DEET is now sold in a 1/2 ounce personal sprayer size.

–B.G.–

PostedMay 17, 2010 at 4:33 pm

You can snip the tips of the dropper bottles to create a larger opening. I've done this with my Campsuds so it's not so hard to dispense. This may work well with a few of your products.

Another trick is to microwave the product for a few seconds to heat it up and thus thin it, so that you can suck it into the dropper bottle.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Loading...