Topic

Suggestion for Alps

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    M G
    BPL Member

@drown

Locale: Shenandoah

I will have almost a week in Europe following a conference in early Sept. I'm looking for additional suggestions for some routes that would be suitable for walking. I'm considering the tour du mt blanc and teh Haute Route from Zermatt to Mt. Blanc, but I suspect both are likely to be crowded and not at all like any wilderness I've known in the past. I'm looking for a less well travelled path in the 100 mile (160km) range in western or eastern Europe.

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Both TMB and Cham-Zermatt are very good, but more than a week. They are not really crowded – we may have seen a few people every now and then. You can of course do a part.

Any 'less well travelled path in the 100 mile (160km) range' is going to be poorly marked. If it is in the mountains I wouldn't recommend that until you know the area.

Any high route there is GOOD!

Cheers

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools