Topic

Bugs in the Adirondacks

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Richardson

@arichardson6

Locale: North East

I'm planning a canoe trip in the Adirondacks and wonder if anyone can fill me in on whether there is a difference in the amount of bugs between June and July.

I have to pick one of these months to go and would obviously like to pick the month with the least amount of bugs.

Nathan Baker
    BPL Member

@slvravn

Locale: East Coast - Mid Atlantic

FYI – if you dont get an answer here try adkhighpeaks.com/forums

G Foster McLachlan

@hunter13

Locale: NYS

Both months the bugs can be fierce. I cant even say which one could be worse. Just be prepared.

Andrew Richardson

@arichardson6

Locale: North East

Yeah, we went last year and they were definitely out in force. That is why I thought that I would ask to see if going in June would be better than going in July.

Nick Truax
    BPL Member

@nicktruax

Locale: SW Montana

Its a coin toss. I grew up there and either month has its share of bugs. Late summer/Fall is truly when to go as I'm sure you are aware.

Spruce Goose

@sprucegoose

Locale: New England

June is generally worse than July. People generally use July 4 as the generic cutoff for black fly season. It's not terribly accurate, but…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools