Topic

Temps this weekend GSMNP

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Temps this weekend GSMNP

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Adam Kramer
    BPL Member

@rbeard

Locale: ATL, Southern Appalachia

doing the lakeshore trail this weekend. temps look very mild as lows seem to be in the low 50's thursday-sunday. how volitile is temp around that area (no altitude really)? I'm thinking i want to save some weight and bring my 20 oz lafuma Extreme 600 over my SD Nitro Long (28oz). I will be brining shorts, cap 3 bottoms, cap1 ls shirt, patagonia nano, and dri ducks suit reguardless of which bag i take. The lafuma keeps me warm down to 50, but then it gets real cold real fast. thoughts on lafuma vs. nitro? also going to thunderstorm every day, so liked the synthetic lafuma for that too…Thanks much.

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Locale: Southeast Tennessee

It looks like it should be around 55* at those elevations. Thats a nice trail, have fun!

http://preview.tinyurl.com/3ypkqbq

Jeffrey Kuchera
    BPL Member

@frankenfeet

Locale: Great Lakes

Check the weather and everything else about GSMNP here

Weather is not very volatile on the lakeshore trail. That trail runs at a lower elevation. The trail tops out at around 2300' The more volatile weather situations tend to occur at the higher elevations in GSMNP. The more forgiving weather is found in the valleys down low as a rule of thumb.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools