Topic

ID eVent jacket- zipper problems?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) ID eVent jacket- zipper problems?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Thomas McDonald, MD

@mc1donald

Locale: SF Bay Area

hi-
    I was happy with the performance of my new ID eVent jacket ’til the zipper malfunctioned. And with the “lean” design of the jacket, there aren’t any fasteners on the front of the jacket to keep the jacket closed once the zipper comes apart…

Before exchanging the jacket, I’d be interested in hearing if anyone else has had zipper problems.

thanks
    tom

Bernard Shaw

@be_here_nowearthlink-net

Locale: Upstate New York

I use a product approved by YKK cally Zippy. Both a cleaner and a non-petro, non-silicone lube. No problems with the zip

Colin Thomas

@fullofadventure

I have had my jacket since the day they came out and so far so good. Actually next to Arc’teryx waterproof zips I would say that ID’s are next in line from what I have experienced when trying other jackets on.

Jason Shaffer

@pilgrim

Been using mine pretty heavily since Oct and no problems yet. I can sometimes be pretty careless w/ zippers on ul garments – Zippy does sound like a product worth knowing about.

Bernard Shaw

@be_here_nowearthlink-net

Locale: Upstate New York

learned about it to take care of drysuit zippers on kayaker immersion gear. Trick is it flushes out the grit, prevents any stuff getting in, and lubes so reduces wear.

Zippy cool is the whole name I believe here is the site to buy it!

http://secure.sailrite.com/value/Itemdesc.asp?CartId={58F56F87EVEREST-2E39-4FB1-A240-1D5E5DB74A39}&ic=3500&eq=&Tp=

and a great page on zipper care too

http://www.sailrite.com/Tips/zippertips.htm

alan genser
    BPL Member

@alan-1

Locale: NE

i have a ID primaloft parka, the teeth in the zippers & broken out at multiple points & the hem cord pulled out as well, the jacket didn’t prove fit for a trek across a parking lot, let alone the wilderness

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools