Topic

Patagonia for less than cost at www.diamondbacktactical.com

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Patagonia for less than cost at www.diamondbacktactical.com

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Melissa Foster

@m-foster

Hi all –

Melissa, Marketing Director at Diamondback Tactical here. We are having a blowout clearance sale on all Patagonia we have in stock. It's one of those 'once they're gone, they're gone' sort of deals. YOU ARE FIRST TO KNOW. I haven't send out an eblast to my mailing list yet but plan on doing so this weekend so come to the website quick and grab what you need.

Look in the clearance area of the website for amazing prices on Patagonia products.

Happy shopping!

M

Dave T

@davet

shucks, i wonder if she works for them?

Miles M

@milesm

MARKETING

Melissa Millan Foster
    Director of Marketing
    [email protected]

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

n/m

Miles beat me to it!

Dont Wantto

@longhiker

yeah, it's fishy posting without identifying yourself.. but the prices seem alright for the capilene layers.. $15..

never paid attention to what was said about patagonia stuff on this website.. if I had and knew something, I might be tempted. For now, I'm drooling over my new Fugu jacket!

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

FWIW, I sent her the following email. She has replied in this forum.

Hi Melissa!

I saw your post on BackpackingLight.com about your Patagonia prices.

I just wanted to send a note to tell you that most BPL members are very wary of company reps posting to the site without revealing their affiliation with their company. You certainly posted the info in the proper section of the site, Gear Deals, but I'd like to kindly recommend that in the future you also disclose your affiliation with the company about which you're posting. Doing so will go a long ways in most members welcoming the information you're offering.

I am only a member of BPL, I am not part of the site administration or management or such, so my email carries no weight! Just a friendly tip.

All the best,

Doug Ide

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

Yeah, i agree that she should disclose, but I've dealt with DBT in the past, and they are a great company work with. They once threw in a free camelbak hydration system for me because my order was backordered.
    Anyhow, Patagonia R1's and R2's, and DAS parkas (albeit, older model with climashield insulation, not Primaloft) for VERY very good prices. I would jump on this quick if I were in need one.
    Its all military contract overruns I think, so thats why all the colors are OD green or coyote brown. Same stuff though.

I still would buy from them…however something shadey did once happen to me. I signed up for their mailing list a longgg time ago. I randomly started seeing emails about signing up for MMA fight training…i recognized the name and then I put 1 and 1 together. I guess their ex-marketing spokeswoman left the company…but with the company mailing list. She now works at an MMA training facility and hence the emails. I'm sure this is no fault of DBT, as both companies appear independent of each other. Regardless, I would not hesitate to jump on this deal

John Brochu

@johnnybgood4

Locale: New Hampshire

It looks like her post actually conforms to the rules for this forum – provided the deals are actually "less than cost."

It would be way more fishy if she was reviewing a product her company produced and giving it a glowing review without revealing her affiliation.

edit: for poor grammar

David Ure

@familyguy

Wow – the Forum Police are back in full force!

Not one BPL 'rule' was broken.

Melissa Foster

@m-foster

Thanks for all the insight on the rules. First time for me on a forum. Yesterday I was doing research on pricing the clearance and I ran across your site because of a past DBT clearance sale on Patagonia (Jan 2007 posts). So I thought I'd tell you guys about the sale before I even sent it out to my mailing list.

You guys are great. Thanks again!

John Brochu

@johnnybgood4

Locale: New Hampshire

David, you get 10 minutes in time out for insubordination sir!

L Miller

@lmiller

Locale: Maryland

David, there are approx. 1,863 "unwritten" "rules" here and I'm sure this breaks at least three of them. I would suggest that you familiarize yourself with these "rules", however they don't really exist.

But don't worry, the overzealous will let you know as soon as you break one.

Melissa – I, for one, appreciate the heads up. Unfortunately, there's nothing I want in size L. Yeah, you probably should have disclosed that you work for the company, but if it's a good deal with a reputable vendor, I don't really care who tells me about it.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Not sure sending a friendly email to Melissa constitutes being some forum cop, but I'm okay with it if it is. And in my email to her I never said any rules were broken.

David Lutz

@davidlutz

Locale: Bay Area

I took the tone of Doug's email to indicate to Melissa that she would have had BETTER results had she disclosed her affiliation.

A simple "Hey, I work for this company and we have these items on sale" would do the trick.

Javan Dempsey

@jdempsey

Locale: The-Stateless-Society

Yep, thanks for letting us know first Melissa!

Matt Allen
    BPL Member

@zeroforhire

too bad the shipping prices suck. I have an order in my cart for around $150, and it is charging me $17.50 to ship from phoenix to seattle.

YIKES!

Jeff Vince

@ac_doctor

Thanks Melissa!
    The pricing is awesome. I have dealt with DBT before
    with great results. The shipping isn't always the quickest, but they deliver!!!

David Ure

@familyguy

Sorry – I meant Mall Cops. You fellas feel better now?

; )

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

"Sorry – I meant Mall Cops. You fellas feel better now?"

So now you're telling me I look like Paul Blart? And that's supposed to be better!

Ruohao Liu

@cloudynesz

Locale: IN

Just bought two lightweight bottoms, thanks a million!

David Ure

@familyguy

"So now you're telling me I look like Paul Blart? And that's supposed to be better!"

Nah – you look like Brad Pitt circa 7 Years in Tibet. Now you MUST feel better.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

"you look like Brad Pitt circa 7 Years in Tibet. Now you MUST feel better."

Why yes, I do. And I've always thought the same thing. Strange coincidence….

Dylan Snodgrass

@truenorth

Locale: San Francisco, CA

Just got an R1 for a great price. Thank you!

David Carbiener
    BPL Member

@hikingdave

Locale: Northern California

I bought a new bullet proof vest now that people can legally carry guns in National Forests. Just kidding!

Jason Lee

@jasonthelee

Just wanted to say thanks. I got an R1, R2, and a t-shirt. Even tried to get the DAS parka but they called shortly after placing order saying that they were out. All in all, still a good day and I'm that much poorer for it.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools