Topic

Triad mods

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Triad mods

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Lanny Myslicki
    BPL Member

@pyre80

Locale: The Rockies

I've read some of the issues people have with the Vargo Triad stove, and did my best to take care of 2 of them.
    Someone said they are hard to fill, and the solution to that is
    1 drill the hole out slightly, but hold the stove upside down to keep shavings out of the stove while drilling
    2 a Rubbermaid childs juice bottle will let you fill the stove very easily, no spilling. $2-3 at Walmart, and holds 250mL

The other issue was slow boil times, and while alcohol is not white gas, I cut my boil time by 30 seconds painting both my pot and stove black. Boil time of 500mL in a Snow Peak 900 pot went from 7:40 to about 7:10, and the stove went onto its main burn in just over a minute.
    I hope you like this, let me know if you want more info, or more mods I need.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools