Topic

Wenzel 7’x5′ Lone Tree 2 Person Tent

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Scouting Backpacking Light with Scouts Wenzel 7’x5′ Lone Tree 2 Person Tent

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ruth Williams

@roadtraveler65

I found what looks like a great deal for 2 Person Tents. 4lb 14oz – $30 each.

If you have had good or bad experiences with this brand can you let me know. We are taking our first kayaking and backpacking trips with GS and I do not want to encourage a huge investment in gear, but I don't want them to have a horrible time because the zipper breaks or the mesh neeting is no good.

Thanks

JASON CUZZETTO
    BPL Member

@cuzzettj

Locale: NorCal - South Bay

Wenzel is an entry level brand. Not great but works well in good weather. That is a pretty heavy tent by UL standards, but a great price.

Did you try checking with Boy Scout Troops in your area and see if you might borrow a few tents for your group to start? Usually well established Troops can handle this and might lend you some help with a practice day. Teaching you set up and discussing gear choices. Look for a local Venture Crew also. They are 14 year old boys and girls who are in Scouting as Ventures.

I would suggest looking into Ray Way Tarp-Tents if cost is an issue and you have people who might like to sew one of Ray and his wife's kits. These are a really light and a well established kit at a good price.

Have fun!!!

Acronym Esq
    BPL Member

@acronym-esq

Locale: TX

I think you'll have trouble beating that price anywhere. Keep in mind that you posted on a BPL forum, and that tent is pretty heavy in the BPL world. A good goal is 2lbs / person.

It's hard to resist the urge to blow cash up front, but I'm working on shelter setup 4 (tarp/hammock) now with probably $500 all together. I could have saved myself some money if I would have gone with a tarptent up front.

Check out our previous discussion on cheap, scout tough big 3.

Sounds like a great trip and great group. HYOH and have fun!

acronym 4/30/2010 1:20 AM

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools