Topic

REI Outlet Sub-Kilo for $139

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals REI Outlet Sub-Kilo for $139

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Doug Reeves
    Spectator

@strawman

Locale: God's Country

I thought this was a good value for the money. Picked one up for my wife. They also have the men's Sub Kilo 20 for $139 (long's are $149).

http://www.rei.com/product/780921

wyatt warthen

@warthen

I bought a kilo flash last christmas it was too tight across the shoulders – gave it to my kid.

Jim W.
    BPL Member

@jimqpublic

Locale: So-Cal

I have the Womens Long which weighs 31 ounces, vs the advertized weight of 32 ounces. Stated length and shoulder girth are the same for women's long and men's regular. Hip girth of the women's is 1" greater (54" vs. 53"). Stated weight of the women's is 3 oz. more which I suspect is mostly more down to bring the rating down the 5 degrees (15 vs. 20).

I've had it down to 12 degrees in a bivy, on snow. I was quite comfortable as long as I had a good pad underneath. (Without a good pad I was very cold)

It is very snug. For weather down to about freezing I prefer to use it as a quilt draped over myself. Below that I want snug! (For fit comparison I'm 5'10" and about 180 pounds with scrawny arms.)

Doug Reeves
    Spectator

@strawman

Locale: God's Country

Picked up my wife's sub kilo 15 degree yesterday. Great bag for the money. Only 750 fill down, but still packs up nice and small. Great loft. And, most importantly, she loves it! We'll get out and test it this weekend…should get down to 20 degrees or so the next couple nights.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools