Topic

Yamame

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Fishing & Tenkara Yamame

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Larry Dyer

@veriest1

Locale: Texas

I've never tried fly fishing before but I've always wanted to and I just got off the phone with Daniel at Tenkara USA. His customer service was excellent. He was patient with me, answered all my questions, and was quite helpful. I now have a Yamame rod and lines coming to terrorize the bass around here.

I was so excited I had to run down to Academy and peruse their selection of gear just to see what they had. I ended up walking out with one of those nifty Morell foam fly boxes like what is out of stock on here. I haven't been this excited about fishing in a long time.

Jason Klass
    BPL Member

@jasonklass

Locale: Colorado

Hey Larry,
    Congratulations. You will love Tenkara fishing! Let us know when you've had a chance to use your Yamame.

Rakesh Malik

@tamerlin

Locale: Cascadia

I'm planning to go through a similar process… I'm interested in learning to fly fish, and other than I'm going to get a rod from Tenkara USA I have no idea as to what to get. So I'll be learning from your experience (right now I'm waiting on my budget before I pester Daniel for advice).

Larry Dyer

@veriest1

Locale: Texas

Well the package arrived. The quality is top notch and I couldn't be happier. I'll report back once I get a chance to use it on the water (I made some casts on grass and it was as easy as everyone says). Hopefully I can slip away tomorrow evening and give it a try on some fish.

I debated on the BPL Hane but I've got plenty of room where I normally fish so I didn't figure there was a point in worrying about it being slightly lighter for the trade off in length.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools