Topic

$47 Montane Featherlite pants on BC.com

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals $47 Montane Featherlite pants on BC.com

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    David Chenault
    BPL Member

@davec

Locale: Queen City, MT

Backcountry.com baby. I can say this as I just got mine.

Steven Adeff
    BPL Member

@tincanfury

Locale: Boston

Are these basically like a "wind shirt" but in pants form?

Pieter Kaufman

@pieter

Yes.

I like mine quite a lot. They're fairly rain resistant as well, at least as far as passing storms go, but I probably wouldn't rely on them for sustained protection.

The zippered ankles have actually proved to be fairly useful for me, although some people might find them superfluous. What I am considering cutting off are the little velcro ankle tabs, which I never seem to bother fastening.

Lee Fitler

@tdilf

For those who may have these how is the fit? According to the Montane chart I would fall between medium and large.

BTW – the jacket looks to also be on sale.

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

I have an older pair. My size by their chart was medium. I had to get a large and it is form fitting. They are snug fitting since it's biking clothing.

Joe Geib
    BPL Member

@joegeib

Locale: Delaware & Lehigh Valleys

I ordered my pair today as well. I would have been a Large, but they only had Med and XL left, so I went XL.

I used to have the Aero anorak in L, and it was a little snug, so I had no problem going with the XL today.

Ike Mouser

@isaac-mouser

im 5'8 without shoes, will a small fit me?

Joe Geib
    BPL Member

@joegeib

Locale: Delaware & Lehigh Valleys

possibly not.

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

My FL "L" are 41" long and about 28" at the waist relaxed, 36" stretched.
    They are a few years old, so not sure if that still is the same.
    Franco

David Chenault
    BPL Member

@davec

I wear a medium in most pants, though I tend to be on the skinny side. The medium F-lites are perfect. Trim, but enough room to layer a trim pair of softshell pants underneath.

Lee Fitler

@tdilf

David – I was leaning towards a size large (no longer available on BC). I usually wear 32 waist/32 length (regular pants). Thinking if and when layering – I might need a large plus there is velcro to make tighter around the lower leg if need be. Does my estimation sound accurate based on what you know about the Featherlites or am I still in the medium range ?

David Chenault
    BPL Member

@davec

Lee, I reckon you could go either way, depending on how trim you want the F-lites to be. I also wear a 32/32 in most pants.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools