Topic

Purchasing Quick drying shoes

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Purchasing Quick drying shoes

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jason Smith
    BPL Member

@jasons

Locale: Northeast

I’ve just destoyed another pair of boots and am in the market for a new pair of shoes. Does anyone her know where to purchase the Timberland delerion pros with gaiters, but without the XCR.

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Zappos has them on sale for $65, but no mention of the gaiters: http://www.zappos.com/n/p/p/7175952.html . The have an 800 number– time to call ’em.

I checked the Timberland web site and they show only the XCR version. Gaiters are mentioned, but nothign specific as to whether they are included with the shoes. Too bad, as an integrated gaiter on a lightweight shoe is a great idea.

I got a pair of the MontBell stretch gaiters and they are perfect with low-top shoes. I wanted them to keep my pants out of the mud more than anything else, but I found they were great for basic splash resistance to the exposed area between cuff and shoe top. Makes you look rather adventurous with your pant legs bloused into your “putees.” That and a Tilley will make you a total Chick Magnet :) My 16yo daughter laughs until she cries when I suit up.

Tony Burnett
    Spectator

@tlbj6142

Locale: OH--IO

I bought a pair for Delerion and later Delerion Pros from Zappos.com for ~$50/pair. I found the shoes a bit narrow, so I went up a 0.5 larger than what I normally wear while hiking. Great thing about Zappos is free return shipping. So, I order 3 sizes and just returned the other 2 pairs.

The Pros are sitting in the drawer next to me in my office (wife don’t need to know). The Delerion (non-Pro) have been on a few training trips and one 4-day trip into a wet area. I was amazed at how quickly they would loose that “I’m walking in a squishy puddle” feeling. I still took them off (pulled out the insole) and my socks (super-thin smartwool 2nds from stp) on longer breaks to help “finish” the job.

Great traction, but I assume the tread won’t last all that long as it is quite shallow.

Mitchell Keil

@mitchellkeil

Locale: Deep in the OC

I spent a good deal of time this past week looking for these illusive shoes — the non-XCR version — and could not find them anywhere on the web. Timberline tells me that they not making them anymore. If you locate a source let the rest of us know. I am looking for a pair of 11.5. I ended up buying a pair of Turocs so we shall see.

Peter McDonough
    Spectator

@crazypete

Locale: Above the Divided Line

Anybody know the differance between the Delerion Low Pro and the Delerion Low??

Andrew Browne
    BPL Member

@andrew_browne

Locale: Mornington Peninsula AUSTRALIA

Check it out on Timberland’s website http://www.timberland.com
    Only difference I can see is the Pro has the gaitor and its attachment and is different in colour

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools