Topic

At resupply Waynesboro VA to Harpers Ferry WV

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion At resupply Waynesboro VA to Harpers Ferry WV

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Quinn Nelson

@qnelson

Try to get an idea on where and what I can re-supply/mail drop on the AT between Waynesboro Va and Harpers Ferry WV. Roughly I figure I'll start with my initial supply in Waynesboro, try to see what I can pick up through Shenandoah( not sure whats available)grab a mail drop in Linden VA or possibly Terrapin Station Hostel. Another re-supply at Snickers Gap and then finish at Harpers Ferry.

Now this is just a rough list and I'm sure there are better ways to do this so please don't hold back. I prefer mail drops when I can seeing as that will be easier for getting dog food for the mutt. Any help on what is available at what locations?

George Matthews
    BPL Member

@gmatthews

You can get it all here…

http://www.atctrailstore.org/

Appalachian Trail Data Book (2010)–NEW
    Now in stock

Item No.: #141-10
    Price: $6.95, $5.55 for members

Appalachian Trail Thru-Hikers' Companion (2010)–NEW
    In stock

Item No.: #202-10
    Price: $14.95, $11.95 for members

Scott S

@sschloss1

Locale: New England

I started a long section in Waynesboro a few years ago. I headed into SNP with 7 days of food in my pack! That was way too much. Between the waysides, the restaurants, and a couple of decent camp stores, you only need 4-5 days of food. Mail yourself another 3 days of food in Linden. Of course, between Linden and Harpers Ferry you have the Bear's Den, the Blackburn Trail Center, and the bar/restaurant at Horseshoe Curve.

(FYI, I averaged ~15 miles a day through this section. Adjust the days for your pace).

George Matthews
    BPL Member

@gmatthews

You will walk by a couple of great restaurants and you can get a fantastic bacon cheeseburger at either or both. I usually stay away from that kind of decadent food unless I've walked a long way and am very hungry. Don't miss 'em… Big Meadows and Skyland (in bold below)

Elkwallow Wayside (mile 24.1)

The Wayside offers a variety of breakfast selections and sandwiches and grilled items for lunch and dinner, with seating outside on the patio or at picnic tables.

Skyland (mile 41.7 and 42.5)

Dining room with table service. Menu includes appetizers, salads, entrees and deserts.

Big Meadows Wayside (mile 51.2)

The Wayside houses a full-service dining room with carryout service and offers a varied menu of regional favorites and contemporary food.

Big Meadows Lodge

(follow signs from Skyline Drive at mile 51.2)

Dining room in lovely rustic setting. Menu includes appetizers, salads, entrees, and deserts.

Loft Mountain Wayside (mile 79.5) The Wayside has a dining room with counter service, with seating inside and outside on picnic tables. The menu includes a variety of breakfast selections, sandwiches, and grilled items.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools