Topic

Fanatic Fringe Thompson Peak – Thoughts?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Fanatic Fringe Thompson Peak – Thoughts?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Meir Gottlieb
    Spectator

@mcg11

Anyone use this pack with the hip-belt? (http://www.antigravitygear.com/products/backpack2.html) Can it carry 28 pounds comfortably?

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

I have the Thompson Peak (TP) with hipbelt. It really reminds me of the venerable Golite Breeze… I wouldn’t be surprised at all if the maker had taken the Breeze and improved around it.

TP has a hipbelt and still manages to be lighter than the Breeze! This was accomplished by reducing the Breeze’s ridiculously long extension collar, and using lighter fabric (which I think is robust enough for hauling up to 20 lbs.).

The TP hipbelt helps to stabilize your load. It doesn’t transfer all that much weight. To me, it carries about the same as the Breeze — maybe just slightly better.

Carrying in comfort, I think 20 lbs. is just about the maximum (15 lbs. is even better).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!