Topic

Scrap material?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Scrap material?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    tyler marlow

@like-sisyphus

Locale: UTAH

Hey everybody I'm just getting into MYOG and was wondering if anyone had any scrap or extra material they would be willing to part with. I'd be happy to pay for shipping or even a small amount for the materials.

I'm not planning anything serious just trying to get a feel of it and see if sewing is my thing.

Ben Smith
    BPL Member

@goosefeet

Locale: Georgia

What kind of materials are you interested in? What are you interested in making?

tyler marlow

@like-sisyphus

Locale: UTAH

Right now I am planning a Tyvek bivy for a short hike on the AT after traildays, i found a pretty cheap supply on ebay but im still looking around to find a construction site that will give me some before I spend the money.

I was thinking about adding a small section of bug netting in the bivy so i would really only need scraps of that.

for the future i've got plans of making a modified version of the minima vest from thru-hiker and some wind pants and working up to one day making a tarp and quilt.

for the most part i was hoping to get some silnylon or momentum to play around with, they seem to be the go to materials for bivys especially along with everything else these days so i'd like to get a feel for them.

And if anyone wants to get rid of some of their precious Cuben i would LOVE to take it off your hands!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools