Topic

Silverwood Lake ca

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Silverwood Lake ca

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Patrick Wenk

@patrick-wenk

Locale: Socal

Hi all, My wife and I would like to do an easy overnite backpack this weekend near a lake.

I noticed that the PCT passes through the silverwood lake area but I am having trouble finding information about trails in the area, or camping regulations.

Is anyone familiar with the area that could either point me in the right direction for information? or give some tips?

we are looking to do 7 miles max, camp near/on the lake, return to car the next morning.

any help is greatly appreciated.

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

Patrick,

It is a State Recreation Area, so you can probably find information on the Calif State Park Website. Most of the PCT in this area is along dirt roads. Also there was a big fire there are few years ago. I don't know the extent or what it is like now.

Patrick Wenk

@patrick-wenk

Locale: Socal

Thanks for the reply Nick.

I had seen the state recreation website but was just looking for a bit more insight on the area. From your observation that the trails are mostly dirt roads, and another I found stating that its mostly OHV access; It doesnt look like the lake is suited to what we are looking for. Oh Well!

thanks again!
    Pat

Dave T

@davet

it was a burned out wasteland in 2004. but at least that meant there was NO ONE there when we hiked through on the PCT. we had those big green lawns all to ourselves.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools