Topic

keeping guylines untangled

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Philosophy & Technique keeping guylines untangled

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Channing Sze

@eeyore

not a big problem, but was wondering if anyone had a nice simple (and light) way to do this.

Jeff Jackson

@just_jeff

Locale: Colorado's Front Range

I usually fold mine in half and daisy chain them.

Mark
    BPL Member

@mlarson

Locale: SoCal

I generally leave mine attached to the tarp. When packing up, I take each cord individually, fold it a couple of times, and then tie it in a loose overhand knot.
    -Mark

Vick Hines

@vickrhines

Locale: Central Texas

Since I use a cape-poncho/tarp, adding and removing guylines all the time could be a big time sink. I made evert pockets at the corners and sides that also work as reinforcements. Imagine a corner reinforcement shaped like a square, stitched completely around the sides. To store the guylines, just push the reinforcement inside out with the guyline inside. Velcro keeps it closed.
    Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    Evert line pockets keep guylines out of the way until needed, then they are instantly available, not tangled.

Miguel Arboleda
    BPL Member

@butuki

Locale: Kanto Plain, Japan

I kept referring back to the pictures, Vick. What a simple, elegant, and ingenious solution.

What is “evert line”, though? Looks like something I might want to try.

Vick Hines

@vickrhines

Locale: Central Texas

“Evert” refers to the pocket that turns inside out – an “evert” line pocket is an evert pocket to hold the guyline.

Jim Colten
    BPL Member

@jcolten

Locale: MN

What a simple, elegant, and ingenious solution

Ditto that. Folks sharing their own little gems of genius is what makes forums like this so great. Thanks Vick.

Channing Sze

@eeyore

all very good suggestions.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools