Topic

Dreaming big, and was given a chance

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Dreaming big, and was given a chance

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Tyler Bounds

@goodmojo

Locale: Cascade Mountains, WA

Hello everyone! Several months ago, I made a funny little fanpage on Facebook, called "I want to go hiking with Kristin Hostetter", a tribute to the Gear Editor at Backpacker Magazine. It was a lark, mostly serious, somewhat of a goof, but I never made it for anybody but me. I was the only member for a long time, it took me 4 months to get 4 members, but I never promoted or advertised it, it was just a dorky little thing I did. Well, eventually Jon Dorn, another staffer at Backpacker, found it, and joined up. And then 2 weeks ago, upon returning from a 4-day camping trip with Bob Saget (seriously, it was weird and random, but a true story), I saw that I suddenly had 60+ members. I came to discover that Backpacker, instead of sending me a 'cease and desist' letter, or issung a restraining order, made a contest for me! The gist is this: If I can get 1,000 fans, I become a Backpacker Gear Tester. If I get 2,000 fans, I get a free tent and pack. But if I get 3,000 fans, I get to GO HIKING WITH KRISTIN HOSTETTER! How great is that? So, even though I am a terrible schmoozer and self-promoter, I am putting out the call on some of the forums that I frequent, assuming that my fellow hikers wouldn't be adverse to supporting a weird little thing such as this. Click the link to become a fan, and if I get to actually go hiking with Ms. Hostetter, I will post a trip report on here, to share with my fellow trail lovers. Here's the link to the Backpacker site, with all of the necessary information. Thanks in advance for the support from you that I receive, and Happy Trails!
    http://www.backpacker.com/helphikewithkristinhostetter/blogs/daily_dirt/1752

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

Is she hot or something?…lol

David Ure

@familyguy

Make sure you wear cologne.

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

Great story. But becoming a gear tester will probably add pounds to your base weight :)

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

Thats just pretty cool.

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Locale: .

Is she hot or something?…lol

She promotes and probably likes heavy gear which is not so hot. :-)

Paul Siegel
    Spectator

@paulsiegel

Locale: Southern Appalachians

I joined. Hell, why not I've seen worst pages to be a fan of.

And she's pretty attractive, I think we need more than write up. We need video.

John Brochu

@johnnybgood4

Locale: New Hampshire

I would like to go hiking with Megan Fox.

W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

I'd rather go backpacking with Bob Saget, get drunk on cheap whiskey, and fight him.

Ike Mouser

@isaac-mouser

do you have pics from your hike with bob saget, and can you elaborate on how this trip came about? Seems really interesting.

Jeffs Eleven
    BPL Member

@woodenwizard

Locale: NePo

Bob Saget is a DIRTY man. His Family Matters role (or whatever that show was) was a hugely ironic role for him. Anyone remember him in Half Baked? THAT is more his gig. I bet getting drunk on cheap whiskey with Bob Saget would be one of the funniest nights of your life. He may as well be Betty White's boy.

Backing up Bob Saget at 10am… where can this day go, but downhill…

Ike Mouser

@isaac-mouser

saget is also a very funny man.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools