Topic

San Diego/ Mt Woodson

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips San Diego/ Mt Woodson

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    YAMABUSHI !
    BPL Member

@thunderhorse

Will anybody be around that way the 23-30th of this month?

I will be out there and would like to do some climbing during those dates.

I'D ALSO TAKE SUGGESTIONS ON CLASSIC CLIMBS OR HIKES THAT WAY TOO!

I already checked out the hike too potato chip. Looks cool!

PM me or just respond here.

Thanks!

Timothy Sexton

@tijos1

This last weekend the Outdoors club had planed a trip to mt. woodson however it had been delayed due to many severe injuries such as a sever burn and extreme chafing from a 30 mile day. So if you are intorested in doing the hike this sunday 25 April I could arange to meet up with you and the club or I would be willing to hike with you myself. Also if you are in SD, another great short hike is Cowls MT. which is a fun short hike but you can see all of San Diego. As a San Diego State Univirsity student I hike Cowls MT. every week and it is very fun. I have yet to go to Cmt woodson but would love to do it. You could PM me and we could talk more.
    Tim

Chris Ryan
    BPL Member

@ucdchris

I won't be in town when you visit, but you might also be interested in checking out Stonewall Peak in Cuyamaca Rancho State Park. It's not as long of a hike to the top as Mt. Woodson, and it's further away from town, but it's a very picturesque spot for a climb and a great park to hike around.

B. F.
    BPL Member

@bradly

Three Sisters Waterfall is probably my favorite hike in San Diego. Moderately difficult and about 4 hours round trip.

Stone Wall Peak is a fun quick climb with nice views

PCT from Bolder Oaks has a lot of thru-hikers this time of year. You can hit Kitchen Creek Falls about 2 miles in on the left at the stack of rocks.

YAMABUSHI !
    BPL Member

@thunderhorse

Thanks for the suggestions.
    I really appreciate the advice.
    I decided to do Woodson and it was EXCELLENT.

I should probably toss up a trip report.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools