Topic

Serendipity, Ryan and Angela

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Serendipity, Ryan and Angela

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    jeff arnfield

@windward

Locale: NE Tennessee

So, I'm going to grab a dog and fries for lunch. As I walk in, there's a guy with a beard and backpack standing in front of me. Now, I have a beard, use a backpack instead of a briefcase, and in any case "beard and backpack" describes about 15% of the Asheville populace this time of year.

Most are not carrying a MLD pack with carbon hiking poles, though. Needless to say, a conversation ensues. After a while, Ryan mentions he's going to meet a female friend from Massachusetts who's starting an AT thru-hike in Georgia tomorrow.

"This is a long shot, but is her name Angela?"

"Yeah. Angela "
    in stereo: "Zukowski"
    "How did you…?"

Once we rule out for the moment the possibility that I'm a stalker, BPL comes into the picture.
    Ryan Linn, from Maine, has just finished his AT stint and is about to head west for a PCT thru-hike.

Angela, if you happen to read this, enjoy your hike. I live near Erwin and Roan Mountain… not sure when you'll be coming through vs when I'll be out of town or otherwise committed, but PM me if you need a shuttle or resupply (or, as I offered to Trevor, a quick sailing trip).

Anyway, just an interesting set of coincidences that I figured someone or other here would appreciate.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools