Topic

Know any good games?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Gary Dunckel
    BPL Member

@zia-grill-guy

Locale: Boulder

My oldest cousin on my dad’s side had another grandfather on HER dad’s side. He was the guy that discovered what is now Dinosaur Nat’l Monument. So when we both met up there once, she bought and gave me a gift of a set of Dino Dice – 5 dice and simple instructions. It is not quite as cool (nor as complex) as the great game of Cosmic Wimp Out, but it is a pretty easy and fun game that you can play inside a tent. But you need a piece of paper and a pen to keep score.

Kevin Babione
    BPL Member

@kbabione

Locale: Pennsylvania

Matthew – Thanks for reviving this thread after an eight-year hiatus.  In that time my twin girls have aged from 3 to 11 so this is perfect!

Tony Wong
    BPL Member

@valshar

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

Munchkin Card Game….spoof on Dungeons & Dragons….lots of replay ability, funny…many add on decks to increase variety….hours of fun.

Introduced this to my hiking buddy’s family and their kids had a blast with it.

Love Letters and Variations of the game:

This is a fun game…with an impossibly small number of cards to play…this could be the lightest card game out there

Exploding Kittens….yeah, bizarre name, but I have heard good things…..7,400 reviews on Amazon

Edward John M
    BPL Member

@moondog55

BRYON L
    BPL Member

@pastor-bryon

Mini uno

Barry Cuthbert
    BPL Member

@nzbazza

Locale: New Zealand

Mancala – zero weight, use local stones/seeds etc and make a board by digging two rows of small holes, or by drawing  two rows of circles on a groundsheet or plastic bag

John Rowan
    BPL Member

@jrowan

When I was on the PCT last summer, a few of my hiking partners and I had fun playing a non-drinking version of the drinking game “Numbers.” Basically, each member of the group takes a turn counting from 1 to 21 (maybe 22? I forget). Whoever lands on 21 gets to make up a rule for replacing one of the other numbers that everyone has to remember. (I.e. instead of saying 3, make a fart noise, instead of saying 5 sing a line from a broadway musical, etc.)(I never said we were mature). Every time someone makes a mistake or forgets, the count restarts. The game is over when all of the numbers are replaced with other things and when the group makes it through the entire run without making a mistake.

It’s a great way to pass the time while walking and get in a few laughs.

Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools