Topic

Marmot Ion wind shirt / light rain jacket

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Marmot Ion wind shirt / light rain jacket

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    >> Bender <<
    BPL Member

@bender

Locale: NEO

I just bought a Marmot Ion from Sierra Trading post for $21.50 + $5.95 shipping. They have it already marked down to $31.50 but you can use a $10 new user sign up coupon. The $10 coupon saves you $2 on shipping since its based on order total. Both mens and womens are available in limited sizes and colors.

If the jacket stops the wind and light rain I will be happy! The weight should be incredible not to mention pack size.

coupon

. .
    BPL Member

@biointegra

Locale: Puget Sound

Top notch company – believe it or not, their customer service and return policy is almost as good as REI's. I've been a customer for about 15 years – bought my first down sleeping bag from them and still have it.

Ben Wortman
    BPL Member

@bwortman

Locale: Nebraska

I just ordered one. This will be my first try at the whole windshirt concept.

>> Bender <<
    BPL Member

@bender

Same here its my first wind shirt. I like the full zipper and low weight. I am hoping this will be waterproof enough for non torrential downpours.

Paul I
    BPL Member

@piracki

Locale: San Francisco

Good luck with the Ion. I got one a few years ago at REI's super clearance for $15, wore it a few times and returned it. Might as well have been wearing a garbage bag. A disgrace to Marmot's brand. Spent $75 on a houdini and have been happy ever since.

>> Bender <<
    BPL Member

@bender

Paul many of the reviews were very positive or negative. I think comes down to what year/version you have. It looks as if Marmot has changed fabrics 2-3 times since version one. I have no idea how well this one will work but for $22.50 + shipping I'm willing to take a chance.

Edit:

It looks like Benjamin Tang had some good info on the changes between 06 & 07. see here

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

The key code 2adventure will get you and additional 20% off :)

>> Bender <<
    BPL Member

@bender

Dale unfortunately that coupon isn't and additional 20% off so it ends up being more $ than the $10 coupon. You cant use the two together.

Steven Adeff
    BPL Member

@tincanfury

Locale: Boston

we'll see how it goes…

Ben Wortman
    BPL Member

@bwortman

I like everything about it except it is too short for me. I am 6 4; and it is not quite long enough 4 me.

I think I will add an elastic cord inside the bottom hem to seal it off. That might help a little

>> Bender <<
    BPL Member

@bender

I got my medium today and it came in at 137.9g or 4.86 oz! I'm tall & thin but this size fits well. It could be a little longer in the body but the sleeves and hood are great.

Ben Wortman
    BPL Member

@bwortman

I added a draw cord around the waist. It now brings my XL to 6oz (5 before cord)

I like it alot better now that I can seal it up.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools