Topic

Does Mont Bell stuff ever go on sale?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Does Mont Bell stuff ever go on sale?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Gerry Volpe

@gvolpe

Locale: Vermont

I am looking to purchase a new mont bell bag and am wondering if it is worth waiting for a sale. I have other bags and can wait. I know some brands (WM) rarely if ever go on sale. Last week I was going to pull the trigger when I saw a 20% off code for one of the online retailers (campsaver?) and the fine print excluded mont bell. Thanks for sharing your experieince.

Ben Smith
    BPL Member

@goosefeet

Locale: Georgia

Gerry,

Which bag are you looking for?

Ross Williams

@xavi1337

Locale: Korea

I picked up a mont-bell bag at 40% off last year, so miracles do happen. You may have to wait a long time though.

Jon Sabo
    Spectator

@smallworld

someone posted the moontrail discount a week or two ago on montbell bags and i picked up a #3 for 250, it looks like the price went back up to 300 though. moontrail also does those bonus points so i picked up a smartwool top for free with it

Gerry Volpe

@gvolpe

Thanks for sharing your experience. I'll proabably wait awhile at least until my next week + trip which I don't currently have planned. I am looking for a long UL spiral down #1 or #3. I still haven't totally decided and will probably go back and forth untill I actually order one. I'll probably go with the #3 because it is lighter and fits most of my trips(I usually plan my longest trips between the middle of August and the middle of October). However I have a quilt for summer so the #1 seems very versatile as I could stretch it into a winter system for alot of the time really lightening my winter load. I would like a quiver of multiple Down Bags but it will be a long time before I can purchase another.

Jane McMichen

@jmcmichen

Locale: Maine, DownEast Coast

Check out eBay and you may come up with a bag at a good price. Right now there are two #5 and two #7 down super spirals at good prices and only 9 hours left on auction. I know you want a #1 or #3 down, so try a Saved Search to inform you via email if they are posted within the time frame you specify.

Richard Loar

@loarrh

Gerry

Are you interested in a used one? I believe that I have a UL spiral at home. It is a #3, and it is long. It is about 3-4 years old with 600/650 down. I used it just a couple of times and it has just been sitting (uncompressed) in my gear closet. I ended up purchasing a #2 because the #3 wasn't warm enough.

I'm down in Utah hiking until the end of April, so I wouldn't be able to check the bag out until then. I would probably be asking about $125 and throw in shipping.

Rich

Frank Steele

@knarfster

Locale: Arizona

Moontrail has the UL Spiral Down Hugger #3 for $229, plus free shipping and you get 37 "bonus" points which would get you $30-40 in free stuff, like a free Petzl TacTikka XP, or maybe a free MSR titan pot, free Snow Peak Titanium double-wall cup 600, or single wall 600 and 8 Ti stakes etc…

http://www.moontrail.com/mont-bell-ul-spiral-down-hugger-3-reg.php

Ross Williams

@xavi1337

Locale: Korea

The super spiral is $219, about 35% off. With 35 bonus points it looks like a great deal.
    http://www.moontrail.com/montbell-spiral-down-hugger-3-long.php

edit: not the ul version, sorry

John Eurbin

@preliator

Locale: Western MA

Just to let you know. The coupon excluded Mont-bell bags but if you clicked through and checked them out they were on sale also, Just not through the 20% coupon. I picked up a Mont-Bell U.L. Super Stretch #0 – Long, Left for 367. I believe it was actually %25 percent off the bags.

Gerry Volpe

@gvolpe

Thanks for all the info. I do want a new ul spiral so I will have to pass on the used one thanks though. I guess I should have just tried to check out despite the fine print. Moontrail does seem to have the best deal around I think Ill go with that. I appreciate all your help.

Gregory Monroe
    BPL Member

@dgm

Richard, I might be interested in your bag. Please email me at: [email protected].

Greg

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools