Topic

Suunto altimeter/barometer watches will be on steep sale

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Suunto altimeter/barometer watches will be on steep sale

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

Hey guys, Giltman is going to be blowing out Suunto watches this Friday. I suspect that the suunto core's will be up for sale. I love mine but find the altimeter is usually accurate only within a few hundred feet.

http://www.giltman.com/invite/konradchen

As usual, you can sign up by clicking my invite link above. If you end up buying anything, the site will give me a $25 kickback. Thanks!

V k
    Spectator

@vladimir_ek

Locale: New York

My Suunto Altimax is accurate within a few feet if properly calibrated. All other owners of Suunto altimeter watches I know have the same experience. I suggest you have your watch serviced.

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

Gentlemen! A barometric altimeter is only as accurate as the weather's barometric pressure is constant. If you live in an area with lots of big weather changes, the altimeter is going to fluctuate, even at a steady altitude. This gives you the impression that you are going up or down the mountain when you are still at the same place. The whole trick in keeping one calibrated is by manually tweaking it when you are at a known altitude. Think about linearity instead of accuracy. Also think about the end points. I pegged my old Thommen altimeter when in Nepal, and it was never quite the same after that.
    –B.G.–

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools