Topic

Feelmax Kuusa

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Feelmax Kuusa

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Fred eric
    BPL Member

@fre49

Locale: France, vallée de la Loire

As i was asked by PM a little info about them.

I got them just in time for hiking in Greenland last summer.
    I didnt plan to hike in them but i wanted some light shoes for fording ( wich proved unneccessary as it was a dry year )
    and for fishing and i used them a lot that way.
    I also used them when we had a day off in Sisimiut and they were comfortable for that.

kuusa

They weight 218g / 7oz 5/8 in size 43.
    but if you use them barefoot they size large , my usual size is 44 and 43 was perfect for me.

With them you feel every rock under your feet but you dont fear to cut yourself.
    If you plan to use them all day long in a hot climate i would probably take a model with leather top as i had a little perspiration staying inside after using them for a whole day at about 15°C

kuusa semelle

no idea about durability, the photo is after about a hundred hours walking about 1/3 on roads , roads are what wear them down the most

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

Fred,
    Thank You!
    Very much appreciated.

Greg

Brian UL

@maynard76

Locale: New England

Recently got a pair of these.
    First impression: they are a joy to wear!

things I like
    – they don't look strange and gimmicky like Vibrams.
    – they fit awesome. Like a sock or a slipper.
    – they really do feel like your barefoot, actually in a way better because you can feel every pebble and crack on the sidewalk. You can feel the texture of everything you walk on; gravel, asphalt, grass, dirt, the waffle pattern of the sewage cap ect. but you don't wince in pain from everything digging into your soft feet because the sole gives some protection.
    I could not find any minimalist shoe for wide feet. I can squeeze into a 2E but need a 4E for a proper fit. So I took a chance that these may fit even though they say nothing about being wide. I was very HAPPY that they fit like a glove the first time I put them on. Seems that they took into account room for your toes to splay some.
    I will be getting the Osma for walking/running around town as they have a thicker, thus longer lasting sole.
    I usually only buy whatever shoe is on sale but these are exactly what Ive been looking for and worth the money.

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

+1

Been in mine for about 2 weeks. As close to barefoot as you can get, and still go anywhere. (Well, slush and puddles are a problem – they are very breathable mesh.)

The sole sticks to everything, wet or dry, in the urban environment, and to a large degree most everything in the outdoor world.

They won't win any style awards, but they are what they promise.

ben wood

@benwood

Locale: flatlands of MO

greg, where did you purchase yours? availability in the US seems sparse.

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Ben,
    I found the Grey version at http://www.extremeoutfitters.us

But…they charge $10 for shipping, and have a 20% restocking charge if You ship them back.

Can't say I recommend them. Just that I found what I was looking for and took a chance. They delivered as promised, at the price promised.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools