Topic

Titanium tupperware

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Titanium tupperware

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Damien Tougas
    BPL Member

@dtougas

So, I am starting to take multiple-use gear to the next level and use my titanium cups/bowls/pots for home food storage when I am not in the backcountry. I came up with a sewn lid design using using old ziploc bags:

Overall, I am really happy with how it turned out, and my wife likes it to! For more photos and details of how I did it, there is a write-up on my blog here. Let me know what you think!

Ross P Hemphill

@rbimli

Locale: PNW

I think it's pretty rad. Thanks for sharing.

. Callahan
    BPL Member

@aeronautical

Locale: London, UK.

Great idea!

I use rubber bands as I don't yet sew. I have taken my Snow Peak titanium gear into shops so that I could try the moulded plastic lids which come with various sized containers, that way I get the container and a dual use lid.

Damien Tougas
    BPL Member

@dtougas

Callahan:

I tried doing that too, but I wasn't able to find any that fit my Snow Peak containers.

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

Damien,
    Did you miss that he Custom Made these covers?

Damien Tougas
    BPL Member

@dtougas

Greg:

No, I didn't miss that at all… I am the guy who made them ;-)

I was referring to Callahan's comment where he said he tried to find ones that fit in the grocery store. Before I made my custom covers I tried looking in the grocery store to see if I could find lids that might fit but was unsuccessful.

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

Duh…
    Convoluted, and I missed it.

robert brown
    BPL Member

@man227

I think to use this to better justify the costs of Ti gear to my better half :D hope it helps . thanks

Damien Tougas
    BPL Member

@dtougas

@robert: good luck, it worked for me ;-)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools