Topic

miniworks bottle compatibility?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) miniworks bottle compatibility?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Nick –

@byproxy

Locale: Pacific Northwest

does the msr miniworks work with small neck bottles? i use aquafina bottles for my water storage. wondering if i'll be able to screw them on. if not, is there an adapter out there?

Philip Mitchell

@pmops5

Locale: Florida

Platypus has a hydration tube that might work- you would have to cut off the mouthpiece and push the hose onto the nipple at the bottom of the miniworks at the output. Ive actually done this using a platy water tank. I dont know if it will screw onto the threads of the aquafina bottle though…someone else would proabably know

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

hey there, the miniworks only works with nalgene wide mouth bottles, and msr dromedary and cloudliner hydration systems. As far as I know, there are no adaptors or any means to attaching it directly to a smaller bottle.

imo, dont get one! I hate mine. Its heavy and It clogs very quickly, even when you use a coffee prefilter attached to the intake. Then you have to take it apart and scrub it in the field, and worry about cross contamination with your dirty hands etc. When its perfectly clean, its fairly fast, pumping out 1 liter in about 1 min. But when it starts to clog, mannnn like 1 liter in 5 mins, and a very sore forearm. You'd be better off with a gravity filter (make your own, for example, you can use a nalgene soft cantene+sawyer in line filter+ msr dromedary cap + tubing from an aquarium store) or buy some of the ones on the market. Better yet, get a steripen and use aquamira tabs/drops as backup

Mark Ries
    Spectator

@mtmnmark

Locale: IOWAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

I had made an adapter byputting a stretchy hose on the little nub coming off the bottom of the filter cartrage then drilling two holes in an extra water bottle cap one for the hose the other to let the air out (or just stick the hose in the bottle). However Konrads advise of using something else is better cause I agree 100% with him about the MSR product or any other that I have used I now use aquamira drops and really dont mind getting my water. If i have to i strain through a bandana which is rare thankfully cause I now use narrow mouth platys and bring one aquafina or gateraid bottle for dipping guess this might not work for all but where I usually go mostly the water is clear and cold. This is making me think of gear swap caause I should really get rid of the Msr and an oid sweetwater I have

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools