Topic

Starbucks coffee container

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Starbucks coffee container

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

We had a manufacturer’s rep do a presentation at work last week and he brought in bagles and some Starbuck’s coffee in a cardboard box with a foil bag in it. I jumped on the empty bag right away :) They are some sort of heavy laminated plastic and foil with a screw cap about 1″ diameter. Capacity must be close to a gallon. They are heavier than the bags you get with boxed wine. (I left it at work or I’d have more accurate specs). It’s the right shape for a decent pillow too. I’ll have to get by a Starbucks and see how much they charge for them.

Matt Porter
    BPL Member

@onehappycampster

the cost is $12 full-o-java. if you still need some let me know. I work for sbux.

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Thanks, but this thread is 3 years old!

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

So's the coffee…

Robert Strickland
    BPL Member

@robstr

Locale: Central Texas

I know this thread is old, but I just ran across an empty one. Here are more details: Starbucks calls it the "Coffee Traveler." The stated capacity of coffee in the box is 96 fl. oz. (2.8 liters). Unfolded as shown out of the box, the bag holds about 180 fl. oz., (1.4 gallons or 5.5 liters).

TBladder from Starbucks Traveler

The lid doesn't seal well. It appears the gasket is too thin. This looks to be an easy fix.

Empty weight (wet) is about 2.5 oz.

Denis Hazlewood
    BPL Member

@redleader

Locale: Northern California

I went into Starbuck's some time after the first post and asked if I could get one of the boxes with the bag. They just gave me a new one and there was no charge. I haven't been able to get the lid to seal properly.

Doesn't matter I got a pillow from Bender.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools