Topic

REI kickback

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists REI kickback

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Russell Klopfer

@fluxxball

Locale: Pittsburgh

My REI kickback is burning a hole in my wallet. Trying to figure out where it might be best spent. Gear list is in my profile and pasted here:

http://www.backpackinglight.com/backpackinglight/forums/gear_lists/247a4636d4753877282f4d889bbf1b72.pdf

Grazie!
    RK

Mike McHenry

@mtmche2

Assuming you have chosen to not go lighter with your shelter or sleeping pad, I would look at your rain shell and your stove as areas you could cut some significant weight.

How do you like the Nano Puff? I was thinking about picking one up for myself.

Russell Klopfer

@fluxxball

Locale: Pittsburgh

Thanks for the input! I'm a big fan of my tent and sleeping bag. And, anyway, it'd probably be hard to find something markedly lighter in those departments at REI. I'll definitely look into the shell and stove. Although, I also recently got one of these new fangled alcohol stoves (caldera cone) which knocked off a bit of weight. It occurred to me that my water filter and sleeping pad might be a bit on the heavy side…

I like the Nano Puff a lot. It's pretty light and compressible. It's warm too and does a decent job of blocking the wind. It won't keep you dry in anything more than a light rain, but that's pretty much to be expected.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools