Topic

aarn packs and packas

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) aarn packs and packas

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ike Mouser

@isaac-mouser

Hey everybody, i was thinking about picking up a packa, but cedar tree told me they are having problems with the packas when used with aarn packs. had something to do with the packa obstucting the view of the hikers feet, and fit with the aarn pack. Can someone who has used the packa with the aarn please relate your experience? thanks

Lynn Tramper

@retropump

Locale: The Antipodes of La Coruna

I have used both the Aarn and Packa, but not together. Even so, I would speculate it would be a bad combo…the Aarn system kinda counts on you being able to look down between the two front pockets to see your feet. A Packa would spoil this view. Also keep in mind that it is *virtually* impossible to take your pack off without taking the Packa off. Not a good situation in heavy rain! Anyway, if you use the waterproof liner that comes with an Aarn, you don't really need a pack cover.

Roger B
    BPL Member

@rogerb

Locale: Denmark

Having just used an Aarn Natural Balance with the included Waterproof Dri-liners in a 2 hour long wind driven deluge I would have to say I agree completely with Lynn, using Aarns waterproof liners, a packa becomes redundant.

Ike Mouser

@isaac-mouser

well i am on the cheap right now, so im looking at driducks. I just gotta remember to wear my windpants over the froggtoggs pants, or else they will be shredded in no time. I gotta buy two of whatever im gonna end up getting. One for me, one for my comrade. ORigoinally it was two packas, but i think we are gonna stick with the contractor bags + fg for now. Im waiting for a review from cannibal @ hammock forums about how it went with the aarn + packa combo.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools