Topic

Hammock vs. Tarp/ Bivy vs. Tarptent

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Hammock vs. Tarp/ Bivy vs. Tarptent

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 51 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    te – wa
    BPL Member

@mikeinfhaz

Locale: Phoenix

Lori: "Well, we're at BPL – we're surrounded by folks who use a poncho for a shelter and sleep on foam pads on the ground. :) Comfort in sleeping gear is hardly the first consideration for folks who want to say it's more comfortable to have less on their back."

i understand, and agree. but this is BPL, with nothing in the title using the word "ultra"
    for me, the best of both worlds, a light pack AND sleeping comfort, is king. my point was that id confidently say that ive developed a system that is likely lighter than most of the members here.. with a 3 season base of under 7lbs. AND with a hammock system. it can be done. :)

John Brochu

@johnnybgood4

Locale: New Hampshire

Don't forget, some people actually can sleep comfortably on a foam mat on the ground.

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

..and I'll bet Bender can put together a 6" air matt for under 12 ounces.

Viewing 3 posts - 51 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools